Bytom.io is set to kick off its highly acclaimed competition following the success of the previous 2018 Bytom Global Dev Competition held in Hangzhou China. This year’s Dev competition has an outstanding $100,000 in total prizes. Bytom blockchain made the public announcement in the New York Blockchain Week. The announcement has draw talented devs from near and far including Taiwan, the US, and India.
This year’s Bytom Global Dev Competition will take place in August, San Francisco, and registration is currently ongoing and set to end on August 2nd 2019, interested parties can Sign up here. Bytom’s competition is open to all developers looking to showcase their talents whilst building and improving on Bytom’s open-source ecosystem, capability, and overall performance. Last year’s competition in Hangzhou China saw close to 100 Dev teams from various continents participate, however of the 100 teams, 16 teams successfully made it to the final round, sharing an astonishing 2 million BTM tokens between themselves. Participants were focused on Bytom-based projects such as block browser, decentralized digital asset, swap platform, among several others.
Bytom public blockchain is an innovative approach to multiple byte assets, with heterogeneous byte-assets (indigenous digital currency, digital assets) operating in various forms on the Bytom Blockchain and atomic assets such as securities, dividends, and bonds being registered, traded or stored in complex and contract-based interoperations via Bytom.
The Bytom Award
2019 Bytom Devcon offers an amazing prize pool to incentivize talented developers, and not stopping there, Bytom will offer support in fundraising exceptional ideas, provide technical support as well as media exposure for all deserving projects. Bytom’s competition is broken into three rounds for participants; winners of the final round earn the first prize, two second place prizes and three third prizes.
- Registration begins May 14th to August 2nd
- Preliminary kickoff : August 3rd to August 7th
- Final round and roadshow : August 24th and 25th
First prize is pegged at $30,000 USD equivalent in BTM tokens – Second Prize is $10,000 USD in BTM, Third Prize – $5,000 USD in BTM, and there is a Recognition Award of $3,000 USD in BTM.
Bitcoin Price Spikes Fueled by Weekend Trading Surges: Report
Thawing US-China Trade War Tensions Not ‘Hurting Bitcoin’
Requirements For Participation:
- Individuals category: A maximum of five people per team building with an open-source code. In addition to the rules, individual participants can not join multiple groups or enter competitions repeatedly. But can team up freely.
- Enterprise category: This category requires a more complete final product, however open-source is not required.
- Based on Bytom: Projects must be based on Bytom. Following a compulsory review by the Organizing committee, the project will be selected to enter the competition for further improvement.
- Deadline: Submissions must be made before the deadline, however entrants can contact the officials in advance, but no later than August 8th, if they fail to meet the date. Furthermore, after submissions, entrants can keep working on their projects -only if the topic is not altered.
- Submissions: Entries must be submitted via the correct form. All codes should be submitted on GitHub.
- Eligibility: Bytom team, judges or organizers are not eligible for participation.
- Fraud: Projects bordering on infringement or caught cheating will be disqualified.
Bytom Judging Criteria
Each project will be evaluated on design, technology, creativity and commercial values. Projects must portray Bytom’s vision and focus on the utilities of blockchain technology, backed by proper coding, security and functionalities such as high commercial value, and easy adoption.
Bytom has rolled out a referral programme to reward referrals. The equivalent of $500 BTM will be awarded to the referrer who recommends an overseas team to enter the preliminary. Also If any referred team enters the final round, anyone who referred them gets extra $500 USD in BTM.
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content above.